the California Legislature is putting further water restrictions in place in an effort to plan for the next drought. Below is a fact sheet on the new legislation SB 606 & AB 1668. We will continue to monitor how this new legislation will impact us. As we see a small amount of recovery in our aquifer due the drought, Herlong Public Utility District will continue with the following water restrcitions. These restrcitions will remain in effect until further notice.
- Landscape irrigation is limited to two days per week.
- Runoff to the gutter from irrigation is prohibited.
- You must use a nozzle on your hose when washing your car, watering, etc.
- Using water to wash sidewalks & driveways is prohibited.
- no landscape irrigation within 48 hours of measurable rainfall.
- Decorative fountains must recirculate their water or use reclaimed water.